About Baptist Health-Van Buren Emergency Department
At Baptist Health-Van Buren, our 24/7 emergency department is staffed with specialists who will care for you through any medical emergency. The Van Buren Emergency Department is a Level IV trauma center, which means it has demonstrated the ability to provide advanced trauma life support (ATLS) prior to the transfer of patients to a higher-level trauma center. The staff is able to provide evaluation, stabilization, and diagnostic capabilities for injured patients.
The Baptist Health-Van Buren Emergency Department features:
- A team commitment to keep wait times to 30 minutes or less.
- Multi-functional treatment rooms for patients with varied conditions
- A dynamic ER design focused on providing a better experience for patients and visitors
- Highly-qualified, dedicated health care professionals who are committed to the highest standards of care
- A continued commitment to keep wait times to a minimum
When you choose the Baptist Health ER, you also will have access to the expert physicians in each of these services, should you need their care before you leave the hospital.
While we treat our patients in order of the severity of the condition, all patients should expect a prompt and thorough examination.
In 2022, Baptist Health-Van Buren earned the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Referring Center Bronze recognition for its commitment to ensuring science-based treatment for all people experiencing a specific type of heart attack known as an ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), known to be more severe and dangerous than other types of heart attacks. Mission: Lifeline is a national, community-based initiative improving systems of care for patients with STEMI, non-ST elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI), stroke and out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. The program focuses on streamlining processes to speed the delivery of proper treatment for time sensitive, neuro-cardiovascular disease states.
Baptist Health also provides emergency services at other locations, including:
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center-North Little Rock
- Baptist Health-Fort Smith
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Stuttgart
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Conway
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Heber Springs
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Hot Spring County
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Arkadelphia