About Baptist Health-Fort Smith Emergency Department
Medical emergencies can happen at any time, and you could find yourself or a loved one in search of the nearest ER. At Baptist Health-Fort Smith, you get the services you need from the most trusted name in care. Our 24/7 emergency department is a Level III Trauma Center that is staffed with specialists that have demonstrated the ability to provide prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization of injured patients and emergency operations.
The Baptist Health-Fort Smith Emergency Department features:
- A team commitment to keep wait times to 30 minutes or less.
- Highly-trained & dedicated response teams with board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Multi-functional treatment rooms for patients with varied conditions
- 24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine physicians and the prompt availability of general surgeons and anesthesiologists
Awards and Recognitions
American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation
2019 GWTG- Stroke Gold Plus – Target Stroke Honor Roll Award
Heart Failure Certification with Joint Commission
2019 Arkansas Department of Health Stroke Performance Awards from the Arkansas Stroke Registry
Primary Stroke Center with Joint Commission
Baptist Health-Fort Smith has demonstrated sustained achievement in the Chest Pain ̶ MI Registry for four consecutive quarters during 2020 and performed with distinction in specific performance measures to receive this 2021 award.
Baptist Health also provides emergency services at other locations, including:
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center-North Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Conway
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Stuttgart
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Heber Springs
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Hot Spring County
- Baptist Health Medical Center-Arkadelphia
- Baptist Health-Van Buren