About Baptist Health Surgical Clinic of Central Arkansas
Baptist Health Surgical Clinic of Central Arkansas offers comprehensive surgical care and a positive patient experience for you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing quality care with board-certified medical providers and compassionate staff. Our skilled surgeons provide an array of services for a range of conditions in the abdomen, skin and underlying tissues. We utilize the latest technology to maximize patient outcomes. Our care team at Baptist Health Surgical Clinic of Central Arkansas provides complete evaluation, diagnosis and surgical offerings for a wide variety of conditions and diseases. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care.
Our board-certified surgeons and professional weight-loss team with Baptist Health Surgical Clinic of Central Arkansas and Baptist Health Bariatrics are honored to join you on your patient journey when you commit to weight loss surgery. Our integrated, team approach is designed to help you achieve lasting weight reduction and improved health and wellness after your surgical procedure. Our surgeons offer effective surgical solutions:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: For this procedure, the surgeon narrows the capacity of the stomach to limit the amount of calories you can eat and slow the passage of the food into the stomach to make you feel full longer.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass:In this procedure, the surgeon reduces the size of the stomach. This then limits the amount of calories you can eat and also effects hormonal changes that can improve metabolic conditions such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
ll surgical interventions and procedures to diagnose, treat and remove noncancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant) tumors of the breast are considered breast surgery. Breast surgery may also be performed to restructure the shape or size of breasts. Our surgeons use the latest surgical technology combined with the most advanced imaging offerings to deliver expert, quality breast care.
Endocrine surgery is performed to repair imbalances in hormone function. Our surgeons work closely with endocrinologists, specialists in the field of hormone-related diseases, to diagnose and treat hormone health issues and the complications that can arise from them. Our surgeons and specialists are able to surgically treat conditions of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
All of the surgeons at Baptist Health Surgical Clinic of Central Arkansas are board-certified in general surgery. We provide all-encompassing surgical care for a variety of health conditions. Depending on the procedure (and the patient), some procedures may be performed outpatient, while other surgeries may require a prolonged stay to make sure you’re being closely monitored during recovery. Common procedures include:
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Biliopancreatic Surgery (surgery to treat diseases of the gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas)
- Surgical treatment of bowel obstructions and other intestinal disorders
- Surgical treatment for diseases of the colon such as diverticulitis and cancer
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy (removal of the appendix)
- Hernia Repair (ventral or abdominal hernias, hiatal, and inguinal or groin hernias)
- Surgical treatment of reflux (GERD) including Nissen Fundoplication
- Removal of skin lesions or tumors
Laparoscopic surgery is a surgical technique that is minimally invasive to the patient. This technique uses small incisions, each typically less than one inch long and high-definition video cameras to perform procedures. Laparoscopic procedures result in less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery. As a result, many of these procedures are performed on an outpatient basis. Many of the procedures we perform laparoscopically include:
- Nissen Fundoplication
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Heller Myotomy
- Colon Resection
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Abdominal & Groin Hernia Repair
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy or Exploratory Surgery
Many of our surgeons specialize in surgical procedures that treat various cancers. These complex cases include tumors of the liver, bile ducts, pancreas and gastrointestinal tract. Oftentimes, these procedures are extensive and can require inpatient hospital stays to achieve optimal outcomes and recovery. We integrate a team approach before and after surgery to ensure your entire care team is well informed, including your medical oncology specialists and any other needed specialists.
Our surgeons and our healthcare system are equipped to handle healthcare emergencies and injured patients. Our providers use state-of-the-art technology and compassionate, expert care that aids in providing prompt assessment, surgery and the post-care needed to take care of patients with emergent needs.
We have several physicians that are dedicated to the needs of dialysis patients. We provide comprehensive access procedures for the patient population.