Try this easy appetizer that packs a punch. These stuffed jalapeños are the perfect party food. Stuff them early, then pop them in the oven just before guests arrive.
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 oz shredded extra sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese or jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- On a flat surface, slice the jalapeños lengthwise (wear rubber gloves). With a small spoon, scrape out the seeds and ribs from each jalapeño and discard. Set jalapeño halves aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, half the cheddar cheese, the onion and the cilantro. Stir to combine. Season the mixture with the salt, black pepper and cumin. Stir to combine.
- With a spoon, fill the peppers with the cream cheese filling. Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining half of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned and the peppers are softened. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
2 jalapeño halves
Saturated Fat: 0g