Expert Care for Life-Changing Relief
Vein conditions are uncomfortable at best, painful at worst, and can make even the simplest day-to-day activities a struggle. Through a wide range of advanced treatments, the Baptist Health Vein Center offers the care those with vein issues need in order to find relief.
Symptoms of Vein Conditions
- Restless legs
- Leg numbness
- Varicose veins
- Leg cramps
- Leg swelling
- Burning in the leg
- Leg pain
- Leg fatigue
- Leg heaviness
- Leg tightness
Common Vein Conditions
Over 40 million Americans suffer with painful, swollen legs as a result of venous disease. This condition is the result of venous insufficiency, or faulty valves within the veins. Venous insufficiency results in inflammation of the tissues around the vein, which can, in turn, cause leg pain, swelling, bulging varicose veins, heaviness, restlessness, cramps, skin discoloration, numbness, tingling, ulcers, Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) and blood clots. Left untreated, this condition only worsens over time.
- Heredity is the number one risk factor for venous disease. If your parents had varicose veins, you have an 89 percent chance of developing them.
- Women, especially those that have had multiple pregnancies, are three times more likely than men to develop venous disorders.
- Professions that require long periods of sitting or standing increase one’s risk.
- Older people are at a higher risk for venous disease, though it can start as early as childhood.
Spider veins are a result of dilated venous capillaries that fill with blood and become visible. These are not considered harmful and are often treated for cosmetic reasons.
Vein Condition Treatments
- Endovenous Laser Ablation Therapy (EVLT)
- Endovenous thermal ablation