LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – As summer is winding down, parents with young children may already be making their shopping list for back-to-school supplies. But before pencils and paper or backpacks and lunchboxes are bought, many kids will need to get immunized as required by state law.
Baptist Health Community Outreach is offering several opportunities for free back-to-school shots. Vaccinations will be available at the following locations.
- New Hope Baptist Church (1232 Watkins Street) – July 28, 9 a.m.-Noon
- Martin Street Youth Center (201 West Martin Street) – July 30, 3-6 p.m.
- Sylvan Hills United Methodist Church (9921 AR 107) – August 2, 4-7 p.m.
- St. John Baptist Church (2501 South Main Street) – August 1, 3-6:30 p.m.
- Dunbar Community Center (1001 West 16th Street) – August 6, 1-4 p.m.
- Mosaic Church of Central Arkansas (6221 Colonel Glenn Road) – August 7, 2-4 p.m.
- West Central Community Center (4521 John Barrow Road) – August 9, 3-6 p.m.
- Liberty Hill Baptist Church (1215 South Schiller Street) – August 13, 3-6:30 p.m.
North Little Rock
- First Baptist Church (1008 Wildrose Street) – August 4, 9 a.m.-Noon
- Heaven’s Loft (518 West 26th Street) – August 8, 9 a.m.-Noon
- North Little Rock Academy (5500 Lynch Drive) – August 11, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
And even better than getting bonus points on a pop quiz, free backpacks filled with school supplies will be given to the first 50 children who receive immunizations at each location. Each child’s shot records as well as proof of Medicaid coverage or other health insurance, if applicable, must be presented before shots are given.
In addition to immunizations, Baptist Health Community Outreach offers non-emergent healthcare services at wellness centers and health fairs, flu-shot clinics, chronic disease management, and more – all at no cost for the underserved and uninsured in central Arkansas.
About Baptist Health: Baptist Health is an Arkansas-based, locally owned and managed, not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization. It is also Arkansas’ most comprehensive healthcare organization with more than 9,300 employees operating nine hospitals. For more information about Baptist Health Community Outreach’s free back-to-school immunization clinics, call Baptist Health HealthLine at 1-888-BAPTIST or visit baptist-health.com. Find us on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube.