LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – In March, Baptist Health Community Outreach will offer a variety of free health and wellness classes from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. Classes typically last one hour.
The following courses can be accessed through Google Meet so that participants can watch the presentation and interact with the presenters:
- Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes on Tuesday, March 2, at 10 a.m.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Education on Wednesday, March 3, at 10:30 a.m.
- Walking with Community Outreach on Wednesday, March 3, at 5:30 p.m.
- The DASH Diet on Thursday, March 4, at noon
- Postpartum 101 on Thursday, March 4, at 4 p.m.
- Breastfeeding: Latch and Holds on Tuesday, March 9, at 10 a.m.
- Diabetes Basics on Tuesday, March 9, at noon
- Walking with Community Outreach on Wednesday, March 10, at 5:30 p.m.
- Help to Control Your Diabetes with Exercise & Stress Relief on Thursday, March 11, at noon
- Healthy Homemade Salad Dressings on Thursday, March 11, at noon
- Walking with Community Outreach on Wednesday, March 17, at 5:30 p.m.
- Safe Sleep on Thursday, March 18, at 10 a.m.
- Cooking with Community Outreach on Thursday, March 18, at 5:30 p.m.
- Gentle Chair Yoga on Tuesday, March 23, at 5:15 p.m.
- Walking with Community Outreach on Wednesday, March 24, at 5:30 p.m.
- Diabetes Support Group on Thursday, March 25, at 5:30 p.m.
- Foods to Reduce Inflammation on Tuesday, March 30, at 10:30 a.m.
- Walking with Community Outreach on Wednesday, March 31, at 5:30 p.m.
A Virtual Diabetes Prevention Program will also be available for individuals with prediabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes. The free program is led by trained lifestyle coaches and can help you make a change to improve your health. Registration is required by contacting Baptist Health Community Outreach at (501) 202-1540.
- Wednesday, March 17, at 2 p.m.
A complete schedule with details on class topics and how to join classes can be found at baptist-health.com/community-outreach and through the Baptist Health Community Outreach Facebook page under the “Events” section.
For 100 years, Baptist Health has delivered All Our Best in health care through Christian compassion and innovative services. Baptist Health is Arkansas’ most comprehensive health care organization with more than 250 points of access that include 11 hospitals; urgent care centers; a senior living community; over 100 primary and specialty care clinics; a college with studies in nursing and allied health; a graduate residency program; and access to virtual care anytime, anywhere. It is also the largest private not-for-profit health care organization based in Arkansas, providing care through the support of approximately 11,000 employees, groundbreaking treatments, renowned physicians and community outreach programs. For more information about Baptist Health, visit baptist-health.com, call Baptist Health HealthLine at 1-888-BAPTIST or download the myBaptistHealth app. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.