Having an active lifestyle and eating well are two main components of keeping your heart healthy. Understanding your risk for heart disease based on medical and family history is important too. Cardiovascular disease develops silently over decades and can affect anyone regardless of their risk factors. Early detection and treatment is the best way to prevent heart attacks, strokes and vascular disease complications.
Screening tests are an important assessment tool to determine if you are at risk for cardiovascular disease. That’s why Baptist Health is offering BHeart Healthy Screenings for $99.
Screenings are held at these three locations:
Your BHeart Healthy screening will include:
• CT Calcium Score (CT scan to look for signs of blocked heart arteries)
• Laboratory Blood tests: Lipid Panel: Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides
• Diabetes Testing: Hemoglobin A1C
• Electrocardiogram (ECG)
• Carotid Artery Ultrasound Screening
• Abdominal Aorta Aneurysm Ultrasound Screening
• Blood Pressure Evaluation
• Body Mass Index (BMI)
• Overview of results with Baptist Health Cardiovascular Specialist
Must be between the ages of 30 and 85 without a previous diagnosis for coronary artery disease. Be sure you do not eat before the screening, do not wear lotion and wear loose clothes.
Find out if your heart is at risk. To schedule your BHeart Healthy screening, or for more information, call Baptist Health Healthline at (888) 227-8478.